Congratulations, you’re going to be a mom! Now you may start wondering whether you’re going to have a boy, or is it a girl? For those of you who can’t wait until 20 weeks to know, don’t worry, here are some old wives tales that can help you guess your baby’s gender.
It’s a boy if:
- You did not experience morning sickness in the early stages of pregnancy
- Baby’s heart rate is under 140 beats per minute
- You bulge out-front
- Your belly looks like a basketball
- You are carrying low
- You’re craving salty or sour foods
It’s a girl if:
- You experienced morning sickness in the early stages of pregnancy
- Baby’s heart rate is above 140 beats per minute
- You bulge in the hips and back
- Your belly looks like a watermelon
- You carry high
- You’re craving sweets and orange juice
- You are breaking out more than usual
You can also check out a Chinese Birth Chart, which is an ancient method that uses the mother’s birth date and the expected due date or date of conception to predict your baby’s gender. You can try it here: Chinese Birth Chart.
With all this newfound knowledge, what is your prediction on your baby’s gender?