We love starting our day with a delicious, nutritious, and satisfying smoothie! Our Dark Berry and Veggies juice offers:
- Vitamin C from the berries and kale help support your baby’s and you and baby’s immune systems.
- Potassium from the berries and spinach help protect against birth defects.
- Folic acid from spinach and kale help promote overall growth and development.
- Iron from kale ensures there is enough oxygen moving from you to your baby.
Also, let’s not forget this juice is fortified, to give it an extra boost of all the good stuff, with calcium, Vitamin D, folic acid, omega-3s, and iron too! This Berry Nutty smoothie recipe packs protein, good fat and calcium from nut butter, along with omega-3’s from flaxseed. It’s important to make sure your diet during pregnancy is chalk full of all the nutrients needed to support your baby’s growth.
- Omega-3s support baby’s brain and eye development.
- Calcium is oh-so-important for all of your baby’s developing systems (nervous, muscular, respiratory, circulatory) and it’s important that you get enough calcium too.
Not to mention that this smoothie reminds us of one of our favorite childhood sandwiches - PB&J anyone?
1/2 Dark Berry and Veggies Bundle Juice (you can save the other half or double the recipe for you and a friend)
2 large scoops of Organic Almond butter (or your favorite nut butter!)
1 tablespoon of flaxseed
1/2 cup of ice
Optional: a scoop of your favorite protein powder for an extra boost!
- In a blender combine: ½ Dark Berry and Veggies Bundle Organics juice, nut butter, ice, and half of the flax seeds (if you are using protein powder you can add that in now).
- Blend until smooth.
- And ta-da! Pour smoothie into a glass and sprinkle with flaxseeds to finish.
Hope you enjoy your Berry Nutty Smoothie!