Who doesn’t love cookies? We don’t love the guilt that comes along with them, luckily we have a recipe that is guilt-free, helps with morning sickness, and is delicious! Morning sickness can last all day and these cookies are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up or evening treat.
These key ingredients provide a bump of benefits:
- Lemon: These citrus fruits are chock full of Vitamin C, which has special soothing powers when it comes to morning sickness.
- Almond Meal: Talk about a super food: protein, fiber, calcium, potassium, Vitamin E, and folate!
- Coconut Oil & Butter: We are nuts for coconuts…the oil and butter has antibacterial properties to help your immune system, Vitamin E, and healthy fats to boot. Both are also great to nourish skin!
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup coconut butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 and ¼ cup almond meal
Juice from ¼ lemon
Grated lemon rind from 1 lemon
Directions:Preheat oven to 350F; Yields 9 cookies
1. In one bowl, microwave coconut oil and coconut butter until soft.
2. Mix coconut butter and oil with honey until smooth.
3. Stir in egg and vanilla before adding almond meal
4. Squeeze in juice of lemon (careful not to mix in seeds), and half of the grated lemon rind.
5. Portion cookies equally onto cookie sheet.
6. Bake cookies for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. While warm, top cookies with remaining grated lemon rind.