Ginger Garlic Salmon Carrot & Zucchini Noodle Bowl with Shiitake & Oyster Mushrooms
From Guest blogger, Samantha Lynch, is a certified dietitian specializing in pre and post-natal nutrition. She is also a member of our Bundle Brigade!
This recipe comes from my friend Ali, at inspiralized.com, is pregnancy friendly! This bowl includes belly calming ginger, excellent source of protein, omega 3's from the wild salmon and choline from eggs which are great for eye and brain development as well as growth of your baby, and rich in fiber to help relieve slower digestion.
1 carrot, peeled, Blade C (at least 1.5" in diameter)
- 1 large wild salmon filet, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 medium zucchinis that you can spiralize with a spiralizer or cut thinly.
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, add the coconut aminos, salmon, and sesame oil. Let sit for 5 minutes to marinade and then place on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until salmon is baked through. Set aside, once done.
- While the salmon is marinating, place a medium skillet over medium-low heat and coat with cooking spray. Add in the egg and scramble. Set aside.
- Boil a medium saucepan half-way full with water. Once boiling, add in the carrot noodles. Cook for about 3 minutes or until noodles soften. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in the garlic and ginger. Let cook for 30 seconds and then add in the mushrooms. Season with pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms have mainly wilted.
- Add in the zucchini and carrot noodles. Toss and cook about 3 minutes or until zucchini noodles have softened.
- Fold in the salmon and eggs, toss to combine and top with salmon. Enjoy!